- Boards & Commissions
- Bartram Bridge Joint Preservation Board
Bartram Bridge Joint Preservation Board
- Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. prevailing time.
- 2023 Meeting Schedule:
January 24, 2023 - Willistown
March 28, 2023 - Newtown
May 23, 2023 - Bridge
July 25, 2023 - Bridge
September 26, 2023 - Newtown
November 23, 2023 - Willistown
- Edward Johnston – Chair (Newtown Township, Bartram Board Member)
- Eric D Gerst, Esq. – Executive Vice Chair (Willistown Township, Bartram Board Member)
- Daniel Litwin, Esq. – Recording Secretary (Newtown Township, Bartram Board Member)
- Rosario Scalia, M.D. (Newtown Township, Bartram Board Member); and Bart Van Valkenbergh (Willistown Township, Bartram Board Member) - Facilities Co-chairmen
§ 7-7. Powers and duties of the Bartram Bridge Commission as identified in the Willistown Township Code under Chapter 7 Article II, Bartram Bridge Joint Preservation Board Agreement, are as follows: The Board shall formulate, advise, recommend and promote to the respective governing bodies of Willistown and Newtown Townships policies for the management, use and preservation of the Bartram Covered Bridge.
The Board shall identify problems and recommend plans and programs to the respective governing bodies of Willistown and Newtown Townships for the repair, supervision, operation and maintenance of the Bartram Covered Bridge.
Membership; terms. The Board shall consist of five members. Two members shall be appointed by the governing body of Willistown Township, and two members shall be appointed by the governing body of Newtown Township. The fifth member shall be appointed by the other four members. The fifth member shall be a resident of Newtown or Willistown Township, and the position will alternate between said townships every two years. Members shall serve for terms of two years each, provided that the first members selected shall draw lots so that two shall serve for one year and three shall serve for two years. Thereafter, members shall serve for two-year staggered terms. At least one member from each municipality shall serve a one-year term. All terms shall expire December 31 of each calendar year.