Willistown Township Update Regarding Reopening Township Operations
Willistown Township remains committed to superior service and response to our residents, businesses, and visitors during the pandemic. We have been abiding by the Governor’s orders and guidance from the CDC. On Friday, June 26, Chester County moves into the ‘Green’ phase.
On Monday, June 29, we plan to open the Township Administration Building to the public with the following modifications:
• Interaction with Township staff should continue to take place remotely via email/phone calls; drop boxes are available to drop off documents to limit personal interaction. Zoom meetings and conference calls can be scheduled as needed.
• Admittance to the building is by appointment only. Please call us at 610-647-5300 or email email@example.com to make an appointment
• Mask must be worn at all times
• Sign-in will be required
As we move into the next phase, see the information below for updates on the various departments.
Parks and Recreation Department
Effective Friday, June 26, all Township parks will now be open. Please note, however, the restrooms will remain closed. The playground equipment and picnic tables are not sanitized—use at your own risk. Please practice social distancing and follow the CDC guidelines while enjoying our outdoor spaces. Willistown Township’s parks and preserves are open to ALL from dawn to dusk. We look forward to seeing you in the park!
Sports field permit applications will be accepted starting Friday, June 26.
GO WilMa! - Our awarding-winning outdoor adventure program, GO WilMa!, will begin in early July. This year, your child will receive our electronic GO WilMa! Field Guide—a passport of sorts. The Guide includes scavenger hunt clues leading to hidden “Inspiration Stations” in our local landscape. Each Station will highlight something wonderful about the great outdoors, and things found there that will inspire your children and add to their summer fun stories. Follow our GO WilMa! Facebook page to be notified when the program begins in July.
Sewer Utility Fees – Sewer utility bills will be mailed in late July. You can pay online through Xpress Bill Pay. The Township will no longer be accepting cash payments. If you prefer to pay by check, please mail it to the address listed on the bill.
Building and Zoning Departments
We are pleased to announce a new online bill pay option for building and zoning permits; please visit our Documents and Permits page for more information.
The Building and Zoning Departments are accepting permit applications via electronic and US Mail. If you need an appointment, please call the Township at 610-647-5300 ext 236 to schedule.
Libraries will remain closed for the time being. Malvern Public Library and Paoli Public Library are now offering curbside pick-up.
- Effective Monday, June 29, the Police Administration Office will be open to the public. Masks are required to be worn upon entering the building.
- Residents that need to be fingerprinted must make an appointment. Appointments may be made by calling 610-251-0222.
- Unwanted prescription drugs may be dropped off in the lobby of the Police Building. No liquid, injectable, or ointment forms of medication will be accepted. Over-the-counter (OTC) drugs may be discarded with your household trash.
- If you wish to speak with an on-duty officer for non-emergency matters, please call our dispatch number 610-647-1440. For any emergency, call 911.
Our volunteer fire companies and their EMS teams will continue to respond to calls as normal, taking necessary steps to protect the health and safety of emergency personnel and the public.
Meeting Room Reservations
Only Willistown Township Advisory Boards and Commissions will be permitted to use the first floor meeting room.
We are working to provide you the highest level of service possible while also ensuring the safety of our staff. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.